Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18

I explored Zoho Writer and found it to be very user friendly with great integration with other online tools and applications. I particularly like how easy it is to post one's work to a blog. I will probably not use Zoho Writer myself, because I have been using Google Docs and I am quite comfortable with it and pleased with its functions, but it is nevertheless a very useful tool.
Personally, my family uses Google Docs to collaborate on our geneology research. It is so easy to share stories, new leads, and discoveries with the entire family.
My students could also use Google Docs to complete a team research project. Each team of four students will be expected to collaborate, organize, and write their group reports through their Google Docs accounts. It will be especially useful for our students since we are a private school with students from many parts of the area. Since they are so geographically spread out, they often find it difficult to physically meet outside the school day and work together on projects. Using Google Docs can solve this problem.

No comments: