Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 5, Thing 11

What an amazing selection of websites and tools there is on the Web 2.0 Award Winners list, and I only looked at the short list! Here are a few of note:

  • Had loads of fun with the Cocktail Builder. It goes way beyond margaritas.
  • Loved the creative writing attempts on One Sentence. Who knew one could say so much with so few words?
  • I use Picasa often to organize, edit, and share my photos at school and with family and friends. I even took an online BREEZE class from CTAP last month to learn more about it.
  • I looked at my home on the Zillow site and found several errors, so I'm not convinced of its accuracy, which could be bad if you are selling your home and the information is incorrect for potential buyers.
  • I used CraigsList this year for the first time to sell my baby grand piano. It was quite an effective sales tool. I did not know about Oodle or vFlyer until now.
  • Some of the lists on 43 Things are just weird.
  • I love Google Maps and use it often with students and personally. It justs keeps getting better.
  • Farecast seems like a great site for airline flight information.
  • And then there is YouTube. There is nothing you can say that could possibly capture the scope of what you find on this site. I will post two clever videos I found with the keyword "librarian".

No comments: